Spencer Aronfeld, Esq.
Experience: 26 years
District of Columbia, Florida
Language(s) Spoken by Spencer Aronfeld, Esq.:
- Italian : Spoken, Written
- Spanish : Spoken, Written
- Personal Injury
- Civil Rights
- Consumer Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Free Consultation We provide a free initial consultation to all clients. We are available to visit clients at their homes, hospital or nursing home. We represent clients from around the world and will travel to meet certain clients at no charge if necessary to provide proper representation.
- Contingent Fees We take cases only on a contingent fee basis. Unless we are able to obtain a successful result our clients owe us nothing for our fees.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information We abide by the rules regulating the Florida Bar regarding contingency contracts. For more information, please contact me.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- District of ColumbiaSince 1993
- FloridaSince 1991
- 11th CircuitSince 1993
- U.S. Supreme CourtSince 1996
- Founder and CEO Aronfeld Trial Lawyers 1991 - Current Spencer Aronfeld has enjoyed powerful courtroom victories over Walt Disney World, Wild Oats, P.A.C. Construction, Fedan Tire, and Todel Apartments and has gained international recognition as a lawyer for the people. Born in Chicago, Illinois, and raised in Wichita, Kansas, Aronfeld graduated cum laude from the University Of Miami School Of Law in 1991. Upon graduation, he founded his own firm, in Coral Gables, Florida. He has dedicated his life to representing individuals against corporate giants, such as the Carnival Corporation, Florida Marlins, Bayside Marketplace, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami-Dade County, Mt. Sinai Hospital, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd., State Farm Insurance Company, United Automobile Insurance Company, Baptist Hospitals, South Miami Hospital and International Airplane Leasing. Aronfeld earned international recognition after his first jury trial, when an Orlando, Florida jury awarded his Uruguayan clients a $100,000.00 verdict against Walt Disney World. Before trial, Disney had offered his clients only $1,200.00. That verdict remains one of the largest in a personal injury case against the Mouse and his legal battle was recounted in the book, "Disney, the Mouse Betrayed." Aronfeld graduated from the Trial Lawyer College, a non-profit institution founded and directed by legendary trial lawyer, Gerry Spence in Dubois, Wyoming. Lawyers are admitted by invitation only and learn how to try cases on behalf of the people. Aronfeld has since returned as part of the faculty and has joined Spence on several of his nationwide book tours. Aronfeld has hosted his own weekly radio talk and lectures frequently around the country. He has appeared on the NBC's Today Show, Dr. Phil, The Doctors, Court TV, Primer Impacto, Tyra, Dateline NBC, America's Most Wanted, The Insider, CNN and HLN. Aronfeld is a Board Certified as a Civil Trial Lawyer by both the Florida Bar and the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Board Certification was established in 1982 by the Supreme Court of Florida. It provides Clients with the assurance in the selection of legal counsel. A lawyer who is Board Certified by The Florida Bar has demonstrated ability and experience in their field of practice and has earned a reputation for professionalism with the legal Community. Furthermore, a lawyer who is Board Certified by The Florida Bar exhibits outstanding character and ethics. Likewise, Spencer Aronfeld is an active member of The Florida Bar and has substantial experience in his area of specialty: Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Law. Since 2007 has been recognized as one of Florida's Super Lawyers and one of the "20 Most Intriguing Floridians" by Florida Magazine. In addition to the Florida Bar, he is admitted to practice in Federal Court, the District of Colombia and the United States Supreme Court. He is a member of American Justice Association, Miami-Dade Justice Association, Trial Lawyers for Public Justice and an Eagle Member of the Florida Justice Association. His firm is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell. Aronfeld lectures at the prestigious Trial Lawyers College, founded by legendary lawyer Gerry Spence and open by invitation only; he also tours with Mr. Spence. He is licensed to practice in Florida and the District of Columbia, and was admitted to both the Federal District Court Practice (1992) and the Federal Trial Bar of the US District Court (1993). He has chaired numerous seminars for the Florida Justice Association (Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers) and spoken at the annual convention of the American Association of Justice (Association of Trial Lawyers of America) in San Francisco and Maui. Aronfeld has written numerous featured articles for the American Association for Justice's Trial Magazine as well as other national legal publications which can be purchased on Amazon. In 2010, in response to the earthquake in Haiti, Aronfeld founded Lawyers to the Rescue, a not for profit humanitarian initiative to provide legal assistance and civil rights activism for those in need. In September 2010 Aronfeld's first book was published, "Sara Rose, Kid Lawyer." "Sara Rose, Kid Lawyer" is a fully illustrated children's book that tells the story of a tenacious fourth grade girl who likes to argue. He wrote the book to inspire young children and girls in particular to consider the legal profession. A portion of the proceeds of this book, go to support Lawyers to the Rescue. The book can be purchased on Sara Rose Kid Lawyer. Aronfeld is a member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. In 2011, Aronfeld published his second book: "Make It Your Own, the Ultimate Law Student's Guide to Starting Your Own Law Firm." The book launched at Florida International University College of Law. A reading and signing of the book was held at the University of Miami School of Law on April 6, 2011. In 2011 Aronfeld coordinated the Student Trial Advocacy Competition for the American Association for Justice. The event was held at the University of Miami School of Law March 4-6, 2011. Students from 8 law schools participated in the event. Despite his national visibility, Aronfeld is deeply tied to the Miami and South Florida.
- Trial Lawyers College (1997) Trial Advocacy 1997 - 1997Founded by Gerry Spence, the Trial Lawyers College is an institution devoted to teaching
- University of Miami School of Law J.D. | Law 1991Spencer Aronfeld graduated from the University of Miami School of Law in 1991. While in law scho
- University of Miami B.B.A. | Business 1984 - 1988Activities: Founder of Italian Club. Reporter for Ibis Newspaper.
- Ceritficate of Recognition City of Coral Gables 2009 In recognition of Spencer Aronfeld's contributions to the City of Coral Gables regarding the Annual Festival of Lights.
- Lawyers to the Rescue Founder 2010 - Current
- American Association of Justice Leaders Forum 2009 - Current
- Attorneys Breakfast Club (ABC) Founder 2009 - Current
- Florida Justice Association Eagle 1994 - Current
- American Bar Association Member 1993 - Current
Articles & Publications
- Make It Your Own Law Firm, The Ultimate Law Student's Guide to Owning, Managing and Marketing Your Own Successful Law Firm Amicus Curaie Publishing, Inc. January, 2011
- Sara Rose, Kid Lawyer Amicus Curaie Publishing, Inc. October, 2010
- Sexual Assault by a Health Care Provider Trial Magazine-American Association for Justice December, 2009
- Coming Back From the Brink Trial Magazine. The Association of Trial Lawyers of America January, 2005
- For Love or Money-The Challenge of Doing Going While Doing Well Trial Magazine January, 2002
- Board Certfied Civil Trial Florida Bar
- AV Rated Martindale Hubbel
- Board Certified Civil Trial National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Board Certified in Pretrial Law National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Website Website
3132 Ponce de Leon Boulevard
Coral Gables, FL - 33134 USA
Telephone: +011 (866) 597-4529
Fax Number: +011 (305) 441-0198