Fort Worth, Texas
Experience: 2 years
Language(s) Spoken by Alex Thornton:
- English : Spoken, Written
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Judicial Intern The Honorable Jamie Cummings 2014 - 2014 Conducted legal research and observed courtroom proceedings and pretrial conferences.
- Legal Intern Barnett, Howard & Williams, PLLC 2013 - 2014 Assisted with deposition, hearing and trial preparation; Responsible for researching and drafting memoranda for criminal defense matters; Assisted in drafting motions and analyzing discovery documents.
- Student Worker II Texas A&M University, Energy Institute 2011 - 2012 Assisted with research and tracking of policy developments and trends; Updated and assisted with maintenance of Institute webpage- posting funding opportunities and updating information; Assisted in identifying major research initiatives and maintaining databases of such programs; and Office operations- draft correspondence, maintain files, schedule appointments and coordinate meetings.
- Student Worker I Texas A&M University System, Associate Vice Chancellor for Research 2010 - 2011 Assisted Associate Vice Chancellor of Research with special assignments and general officer duties; Created and updated records for the Energy Institute database; and Assisted in large-scale research initiatives.
- Texas A&M University School of Law J.D. 2011 - 2014
- Texas A&M University - College Station B.A. (2012) 2008 - 2012
- Outstanding Service Award Southlake Metroport Teen Court 2008 Alex Thornton participated in a court room setting for juveniles in which she demonstrated outstanding service as an attorney defending class C misdemeanors.
- Most Aggressive Council North TX Teen Court Competition 2007 Alex Thornton demonstrated aggressive and strong participation in the North Texas Teen Court Competition.
- Fort Worth Criminal Lawyer Varghese Summersett
- State Bar of Texas #24093875 Member Current
- Tarrant County Bar Association Member Current
- Tarrant County Ntional Adoption Day Volunteer 2013 - Current
- John Peter Smith Hospital Volunteer Spanish Interpreter 2012 - Current
- Southlake Metroport Teen Court Teen Attorney 2004 - 2008
- Southlake Metropor Teen Court Auxiliary Board Member 2004 - 2008
Articles & Publications
- Drug Offender Education Program (DOEP) | Dallas Fort Worth Lawyer Varghese Summersett
- Felony Alcohol Intervention Program | Tarrant County Varghese Summersett
- First Offender Drug Program (FODP) |Tarrant County FODP Varghese Summersett
- Occupational Drivers Licenses in Texas Varghese Summersett
- Probation Revocation Hearings and Motions to Adjudicate in Texas Varghese Summersett
- Tarrant County DIRECT Court | Tarrant County Defense Attorneys Varghese Summersett
- Tarrant County DWI Court Varghese Summersett
- Tarrant County Mental Health Diversion Program Varghese Summersett
- Tarrant County RISE Prostitution Diversion Program | Prostitution Diversion Varghese Summersett
- TCU Disciplinary Hearings: What to do if you are accused of an offense at TCU Varghese Summersett
- What Diversion Programs are Available for Criminal Cases in Tarrant County? Varghese Summersett
- What is an Administrative License Revocation (ALR) in Texas? Varghese Summersett
- What is UCW in Texas? Unlawful Carry of Weapon in Texas Varghese Summersett
- What You Need to Know about Open Carry in Texas Varghese Summersett
- Where can I take the DWI Education (DWI Ed) Course? Varghese Summersett
Varghese Summersett PLLC
300 Throckmorton Street
Fort Worth, - 76102 USA
Telephone: (817) 203-2220