Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
Labor & Employment
Wage & Hour Litigation
Workplace Counseling & Compliance Solutions
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Supreme Court of the United States
U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern District of New York
- CurrentActivities: New York Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section) Representative Engagements
- CurrentActivities: Vengurlekar v. Silverline Technologies, Ltd., 9 Wage & Hour Cas.2d (BNA) 417, 2003 WL 22801757 (S.D.N.Y. Nov. 24, 2003) (denying ERISA and state wage law class certification and dismissing Fair Labor Standards Act claims).
- CurrentActivities: Criscuolo v. Joseph E. Seaqram & Sons, Inc., Case No. 02 Civ. 1302 (S.D.N.Y July 1, 2002) (dismissing claim for severance and other ERISA benefits).
- CurrentActivities: Merli v. Bill Communications, Inc., 82 Empl. Prac. Dec.Â 40,990, 2002 WL 424649 (S.D.N.Y. March 18, 2002) (granting summary judgment to employer on plaintiffâ€™s claims for discriminatory discharge based on age and failure to promote).
- CurrentActivities: Thomson Financial, Inc. v. Canniffe, Supreme Court, New York County; December 7, 2001 (denying former employerâ€™s motion for preliminary injunction seeking to restrain company formed by former employees from soliciting their former cli
- CurrentActivities: Trustees of the American Federation of Musicians and Employersâ€™ Pension Fund v. Steve Scott Enterprises, Inc., 40 F. Supp. 2d 503 (S.D.N.Y. 1999) (granting employerâ€™s motion for summary judgment on ERISA planâ€™s action for audit on
- CurrentActivities: Ponticelli v. Zurich American Insurance Group, 16 F. Supp. 2d 414 (S.D.N.Y. 1998) (granting employerâ€™s motion for summary judgment on plaintiffâ€™s claims for gender discrimination, quid pro quo harassment, retaliation, and intentiona
- CurrentActivities: Lynch v. Pathmark Supermarkets, 987 F. Supp. 236 (S.D.N.Y. 1997) (granting employerâ€™s motion for summary judgment on plaintiffs claims for wrongful discharge and religious harassment).
- CurrentActivities: Mason Tenders District Council Pension Fund v. Messera, 958 F. Supp. 869 (S.D.N.Y. 1997) (ERISA preempted pension fundsâ€™ claim that fundsâ€™ counsel breached his state common-law fiduciary duty to funds by making payments to fiduciari
- CurrentActivities: Coghlan v. H.J. Heinz Company, 851 F. Supp. 808 (N.D. Tex. 1994) (rejecting EEOCâ€™s interpretive guidelines that insulin-dependant diabetes is per se a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act).
- CurrentActivities: General Electric Company v. New York State Department of Labor, 936 F. 2d 1448 (2d Cir. 1991) (reversing district courtâ€™s conclusion that General Electric could not proceed on its claim that New Yorkâ€™s prevailing wage law constitute
- CurrentActivities: In re Liquidation of Consolidated Mutual Insurance Company, 77 N.Y. 2d 144, 565 N.Y.S. 2d. 434 (1990) (ERISA class action holding that New York State Superintendent of Insurance could not unilaterally terminate the group term life, medi
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
1989magna cum laude
New York Law School
1985Editor, University of Wisconsin, Madison
New York Law School Law ReviewB.A.
620 Eighth Avenue
New York City, NY 10018 USA
Telephone: (212) 218-5284
Write a review
To write a review, you must login first. Sign in